The AeroPress coffee generally yields a full-bodied and clean cup. Use 13g of fresh ground Milltown coffee beans per 200g (7oz) AeroPress. The grind should be finer than V60 pour over, medium-fine.
Supplies needed in addition to a bag of your favorite Milltown craft coffee: pour kettle, gram scale, timer and burr grinder.
How to brew the best AeroPress coffee, from our house to yours:
- Place filter into AeroPress basket and pre-wet filter
- Lock basket into AeroPress and place onto sturdy vessel (we recommend a milk pitcher but a sturdy mug will work just fine)
- Pour freshly ground coffee into AeroPress and settle the coffee bed so it’s even
- Place entire vessel onto scale
- Quickly pour your 200g of 198-202 degree water into AeroPress chamber over your grounds and hit start on your timer
- Wet the tip of your plunger and set on top of the chamber to keep heat from escaping
- Carefully remove contraption off of the scale
- At 35 seconds, remove the plunger and gently stir the coffee bed for approximately 7-10 seconds
- Place the plunger back onto the AeroPress and slowly plunge down. Your plunge should take about 10 seconds.
- The total brew time should be approximately 1:00 minute (the added element of pressure speeds up the brew time with this method)
- Compost your coffee grounds
- Pour into the largest coffee mug you own and consume!
For a full list of brewing guides, visit thirty-thirty Coffee Co.’s website. Comment below with your favorite brew @ home tips!