The Chemex pour over coffee generally yields a very clean, smooth and light bodied cup. Use 28g fresh ground Milltown coffee per 453g (16oz) Chemex. The grind should be slightly coarser than v60 pour-over grind.
Supplies needed in addition to a bag of your favorite Milltown craft coffee: pour kettle, gram scale, timer and burr grinder.
How to brew the best Chemex pour over coffee, from our house to yours:
- Place the filter into the Chemex and pre-wet filter
- Pour freshly ground Milltown coffee into filter and settle the coffee bed so it’s even
- Place Chemex onto scale and tare
- Start timer and slowly pour 45g of water (198-202 degrees) over the grounds
- Let the coffee bloom for 45 seconds
- At 0:45 seconds, slowly pour the rest of your water, up to 453g, over the grounds. Make sure your water level stays below the rim
- Once you’ve finished pouring, gently stir the coffee bed a couple times in a circular motion
- Coffee should finish brewing between 3:30-4:00 minutes. If not, adjust grind accordingly or pour slower/faster.
- Compost your coffee grounds
- Pour into your favorite coffee mug and enjoy!
For a full list of brewing guides, visit thirty-thirty Coffee Co.’s website. Comment below with your favorite brew @ home tips!