The French press generally yields a stronger, more full-bodied cup. Use 31g fresh ground Milltown craft coffee per 453g (16oz) French press. The grind should be about the coarsest setting your grinder will allow, unless you are using a blade grinder. In that case, throw it away and buy a burr grinder!
Supplies needed in addition to a bag of your favorite Milltown craft coffee: pour kettle, gram scale, timer and burr grinder.
How to brew the best French press coffee, from our house to yours:
- Grind your coffee and place into French press beaker
- Set beaker onto scale and tare
- Fill beaker with 198-205 degree water to 453g
- Start timer for 4 minutes
- After 1 minute, gently stir grounds at top of press
- Place plunger on top to maintain heat
- After 4 minutes, quickly scoop off top layer of grounds
- Plunge, pour into mug and enjoy. From our house to yours!
For a full list of brewing guides, visit thirty-thirty Coffee Co.’s website. Comment below with your favorite brew @ home tips!