The V60 pour over coffee generally yields a smoother, medium bodied and more balanced cuppa-joe. Use 14g fresh ground Milltown coffee beans per 230g (8oz) cup. The grind should be at a medium setting, which is about the size of coarse sand.
Supplies needed in addition to a bag of your favorite Milltown craft coffee: pour kettle, gram scale, timer and burr grinder.
To brew the best V60 pour over coffee, from our house to yours:
- Place filter into V60 and pre-wet filter (this eliminates any paper taste in the cup)
- Pour your freshly ground Milltown coffee into the V60 and settle it so the coffee bed is even
- Place V60 onto decanter or your mug
- Place entire contraption onto your scale and tare
- Start timer and slowly pour 23g (10% of your total pour) of your 198-202 degree water over the grounds (just enough to cover the grounds)*
- Let the coffee bloom for 30 seconds; this lets CO2 escape which would repel water and not allow the fullest potential flavor in your cup
- At 0:30 seconds, slowly pour in a circular, clockwise motion up to 70g water and stop
- At 1:00 minute slowly pour the remaining water up to 230g onto the coffee bed in circular, clockwise motion
- Coffee should finish brewing at 2:30-2:45 minutes. If not, adjust grind accordingly or pour slower/faster.
- Compost your coffee grounds
- Pour into mug and enjoy immediately!
*A flow restrictor for your kettle is extremely helpful when pouring for the V60
For a full list of brewing guides, visit thirty-thirty Coffee Co.’s website. Comment below with your favorite brew @ home tips!